Some people in the Real Estate industry have fear when trying to leave their current real estate brokers. But the truth of the matter is, it is a simple process. And as I mentioned in the previous blog, if they are looking for a new brokerage that we work with agents that have more than two (2) years of experience, we are very professional.
It is a known fact that there is a good and bad way to leave your job in the real estate industry. It doesn’t matter the circumstance of your departure. When you decide to leave, it is very imperative that you move on with dignity because it is essential for your professional reputation and credibility, especially in the realm where word spreads rapidly.
In the majority of ideal scenarios, agents may have already informed their bosses/employers verbally. But a formal resignation letter is crucial to confirm and some fundamental details. Make sure you leave on good terms. A thoughtfully prepared letter can aid in maintaining cordial relations with your employer so that you can utilize him as a reference for future employment.
There might be a great chance that you have found a high paying job at a different company, or maybe you just thought of taking a break from employment for other personal reasons. No matter what reasons brought you to quit your present job, it is best to make your resignation as clear, concise and professional as it may be. When you resign, you conduct yourself in a professional manner throughout the resignation process will allow you to part ways with your dignity intact. This may lead to a positive reference from your previous employer.
Listed below are tips and tricks on how to leave your current real estate broker:
- Salutation and Address. Utilize a basic business letter format, with your own address located at the top most part on the right side of the page. Your employer’s name and address below that, to the left. Put the date below the final line of the address of the recipient. The salutation should be addressed to your immediate direct report in a manner that should embody your everyday relationship. You have to make it sound natural with no pretensions or hostility.
- Initial Statement. Use the initial statement in confirming that you are writing to leave your real estate broker and simply resigning from your position. You should also express when will be your last day and that you also have considered any requirement for notice period.
- Reason for Leaving. You have to cite your reasons for resigning in the next paragraph. You have to show positivity about your move and do not be tempted to criticize either job you are about to leave or your employer’s. That being said, utilize this opportunity to reflect on the positive learnings from the real estate broker or industry you are leaving. You can say that you are at the time in your life that you want to engage in new challenges. “The opportunity to serve as your associate in your real estate company and work with outstanding professionals is something that I will truly value. This experience was truly invaluable in preparing myself for the next stage of my career” is a great setup.
- Thank You Paragraph. You have to end your letter with a courteous exit for the chance to work for the real estate company, and give your best wishes for its continued success. It is also proper to offer your aid in the transition period if this is imperative to your employer. It may go a little something like “I sincerely thank you for guiding me throughout my stay with your company. I developed my negotiation skills and brought me to where I am right now. If I can assist with pending transactions, lets outline a plan for this.” You can also add that you can be of any assistance to your successor, if need be.
- Tone of Letter. You have to be reminded that your resignation letter will become an official document that will stay with your employment files. You should draft your letter by never forgetting this in mind. You should stay away from using overly casual tone or come up with flippant comments, nor utilize it as a platform to criticize your boss. You have to look and imbibe positive aspects of this work experience even if you were not satisfied or unhappy. words are forever.
Verily, use a simple and clear type of format with the proper font and indention. Proofread it to see if there are spelling and grammatical errors. You have to ensure to check the terms and conditions of the contracts so that you will abide with the appropriate notice period. We also attach a sample template for your guide:have
August 26th, 2018
I am writing to tell you that I am resigning from my realtor work with X group. After giving the matter a great deal of thought I have decided to resign immediately.
I have enjoyed working with you but feel that this decision is in the best interest of my future goals.
I greatly want to get into X. I realize I need a broker who is comfortable with X so that I can learn. I also find a great deal of confusion with X policy. The vision I have for myself is in another direction and I need to develop the professional I see in my future.
Please see that my last day with X Realty will be (DATE). I’m transferring sponsorship to Y. Broker of record is Z. My responsibilities to you will be overtaken by my new broker,Y. If you have any questions regarding this matter you may contact Y at (ph#) or email.
Working with you in real estate has been a pleasure and I am sad to have to end our professional relationship. I am grateful to you for all of the patience and cooperation you have shown me and wish you success in all of your endeavors. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are looking to move to a Dallas Texas Real Estate Firm who takes no Commission split and lets experienced agents do their own work agents contact us today at ReByKaylee.
Apartment investor/ TREC® Brokerage LLC Owner
c: 469-990-4627 (text or call)