Eight (8) Facts to know when moving into Denton Texas; the Fastest Progressive Going Community
Thinking of Moving to Denton, Texas? We have listed the basics for you. Denton, Texas is situated in Denton County and it covers a population of around 141,792. In terms of cost of living, the median income in Denton, Texas is about $54,280 annually, and the median home value is around $212,779.
Locals in Denton, Texas sometimes regard their city as the “little D” in contrast to the big D, which is Dallas. However, there is nothing small in terms of booming North Texas City. Denton possesses small-town quirks but has a feel of a growing city. Mind you, it is the home for the biggest rare and second-hand bookstore. It is located at the northern edge of the increasing DFW metroplex. Denton is recognized as an integral part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. The city enjoys all the advantages the big city is experiencing. However, it also retains the charm, amiability, and convenience of a smaller university town:
- Highway System. Denton City maintains an energetic economic development program, reinforced by its active general aviation airport which is less than ten (10) miles from DFW International Airport. One of Denton’s most notable amenities is a first-class public transportation system, which is a total standout for a small city. It comprises citywide extraordinary buses that link to the light rail system. This in fact, quickly connects to Dallas Public Transport, making the stroll an easy worthwhile trip.
- Location. In other words, it has a strategic location within the heart of DFW. Individuals select to live in Denton for benefits such as lower cost of living, the extraordinary contribution that higher educational institutions supply the place, the family friendliness, and the vibrant culture. These are all the considerations that make it an excellent location for people who can select where they work from such as freelancers and remote workers. The city is also destined for people who are eyeing to set up shop.
- Education. In terms of education, both Texas Women’s University and the University of North Texas are situated in this small yet charming city. Denton has also garnered a reputation as a progressive tiger city, culturally vibrant, and vibrant that entices techies, creative-class workers, entrepreneurs, and the like.
- Business.For those who have their businesses, self-employed, freelancers, remote workers, WFH’ers, and other non-regular workers, the city of Denton shares affordability and a lot to do in terms of budget. In fact, in the year 2019, they were included as one of Apartment Therapy’s “The Coolest Suburbs in America”. In addition to rental prices, Denton has a thriving music and arts scenario. You can witness craft beer each corner. A city is also a perfect place for activities on the courthouse lawn year-round and date-night locations. In terms of business, nowadays, location is not so dependent primarily on what the profession of a person is. Individuals look for the place they want to work and live, and they will move there, against all odds. The city of Denton wants to be a location for creative thinkers, people who want to venture with arts, and technology individuals.
- Downtown. Another treasured place is the Denton Historic Downtown area, a nationally regarded Main Street, incorporated with dining shopping, arts, and people-watching. They have come up with the main corridor downtown that has been revitalized and rejuvenated, with entertainment locations, pedestrian activities, gigs, and many more. Mind you, with its city area, that is a little bit unusual. Downtown Denton is busy any time of the week. A lot of families have lived there a long time and it has become a center of attraction for individuals out of the area.
- Nature. Even when there is not an event or festival going on like 2020’s case of a pandemic, you can still witness visitors and residents alike enjoying the green lawns under the trees surrounding the courthouse on which you can lounge to drink wine or beer. In times of pandemic brought about by the COIVD-19, the Denton small-scale business communities have demonstrated together to aid one another and a lot offer adapted services to endure the pandemic.
- Demographics. Meanwhile, Denton ranked high in terms of housing, which is affordable, varied, and of course, available. Demographics were another advantage in the City of Denton in terms of livability rating. In a place where a student accounts for a bit above 50,000, diversity is a plus. It is a fact of existence. The famous Arts and Jazz Festival in Denton bring more than two hundred thousand (“200,000.00) people during April and year-round celebrations and festivals such as national holidays, Cinco de Mayo, and many more. Quakertown Park, for instance, is one of the sites of most of its public celebrations and contains a 31,000 square foot event center, picnic table, pool, playground, and a sophisticated amphitheater.
If you are looking to move to Dallas Texas
and need an expert to help you find the right neighborhood,
contact us today at ReByKaylee.
Kaylee McMahonApartment investor/ TREC® Brokerage LLC
Ownerc:469-990-4627(text or call)