8 reasons to move to Midway Hollow (North Dallas Texas)
The selling point is the trees, with big green leaves, dark trunks, long and thick, solid branches that extend across walkways. It is as if they are welcoming you with open arms. Imagine a scene, early in the morning and about dinner, the sidewalks and streets come to life with people from all walks of life; bicyclists, dogs, walkers, and runners.
Several years ago, Midway Hollow was not considered as a prime location or even the next community to watch. It was more in “America’s best-kept secrets” category, and it simply stayed that way, even after the mortgage bubble (the time when anyone who wanted to purchase a house got one) burst.
The location is prime.
- A ten-minute drive from Love Field, but not that close that it will be noisy.
- A quick drive to North Park Center and Park Cities, but easy driving across Mockingbird Lane and Central Expressway.
- Midway Hollow has easy access to the Dallas North Tollway, Stemmons freeways, and LBJ. It is also very close to Forest Lane, Lemon Avenue and Harry Bines Boulevard when things are having a bad day. There is also a series of bus routes to DART light-rail stations.
- The community showcases an excellent mix of race, ages, class, and other demographic bases, but few kids older than five (5) years.
- You will hear parents chatting about paying tuition fees for the private school, looking for a bigger home in another location, or considering moving to unknown areas “north of LBJ”. Going to a Dallas ISD Elementary School or going to the district’s magnet program was not usual in the community of Midway Hollow.
- Midway Hollow is a good place to start a family. Ideally, some moved here during their single days and start a family.
- Excellent local schools are prevalent and staying put to get your kids’ diploma is an effective decision.
- Neighbors are closely connected, with the emergence of the so-called “Midway Hollow Crime Watch and Extended Neighborhood Patrol Program (“NPP”). It is very safe to get out and stroll, walk your pet dogs. With the emergence of the realm of social media, midway hollow has transitioned to “up and coming” from that “hidden treasure” classification. It welcomes several settlers from Dallas. You know, empty nesters escaping the busy suburbs. Small families with young children are also prevalent here.
Throughout the years, a lot has come to love the DISD schools in Northwest Dallas. You will witness it in the “Student of the Month” signs in the walls and pool of kids waiting for school buses to magnet school daily. Dallas ISD has its shares or heartaches, but other big urban public school districts as well. Without a surge of middle-class families, the scenario will worsen. An overwhelming number of DISD students are living below the poverty line. The majority of them does not know how to speak English.
Not as urban as other nearby communities, Midway Hollow is truly a perfect place to retire. Being a bit laid back location, it is nice to see the trees each day, reminiscing the good old days.
If you are looking to move to Dallas Texas and need an expert to help you find the right neighborhood, contact us today at ReByKaylee.
Apartment investor/ TREC® Brokerage LLC Owner
c: 469-990-4627 (text or call)